Monday, May 31, 2010

Back from Space


Courtesy of the IMAX 3D theater at the Los Angeles Science Museum, my daughter Sarah and I spent yesterday afternoon with a few astronauts repairing the Hubble Telescope in Outer Space. It was an astonishing experience, revealing not just the wonders of other galaxies beyond our own but spectacular "star nurseries." The Hubble telescope is able to go beyond the known universe and frankly, it freaked me out a little. At school I failed miserably at science (garnering an "Ungraded" - not even a "Fail") and didn't really know what "stars were for." If only we'd had access to such awe-inspiring technology back in the dark ages. Virgin Galactic will soon be offering flights into space for a mere $200,000 a ticket. I'm going to start saving in my piggy bank.

1 comment: