Monday, August 30, 2010

Post-Vacation Blues


As always, I return from my vacation filled with resolutions. I'm determined to be the perfect employee; to arise at 5 am to write my books; to zip off a daily blog filled with wit and flair but most of all to maintain a zen-like aura of efficiency, grace and good humor. As always, these resolutions don't last. In fact, my boss gave me until noon of my first day back—but I managed to make it to mid-week with a smile. This time, the chaos that greeted me at my day job has left me reeling. It's a far cry from the tranquility of Devon. 

Heard about the latest Toyota recall (that's our account) or perhaps the City of San Francisco and East Village, NY, not being happy with a certain guerilla marketing campaign for Zynga (that's our account)? I've had no time to blog until now (I'm multi-tasking and on hold to customer service via my favorite Third World country) but I have managed to keep my promise of getting up at 5 am.  It's important to look on the bright side. I'm gainfully employed. I like 99% of my work colleagues and the 1% I don't provide me with the raison d'etre to plot a murder or two.  Seriously. I can't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment