Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Packing for my vacation! Hurrah!


You'd think I'd know how to pack by now. In my misspent youth, I was a flight attendant for years. At one point, I worked on private jets and was on call twenty-four hours a day with a pager (no cell phones at that time). I'd often get paged in a supermarket and told to get to Heathrow Airport in 2 hours for a one-week trip to an unknown destination. I had packing down to a fine art then—or perhaps it was because I never really unpacked. On this trip my husband and I are having a competition. Who can pack the lightest. We're both planning on taking just one carry-on bag! My daughter Sarah says it's impossible. What I haven't told either of them is that I've already shipped a box of shoes to my mum's house in Devon. Is that cheating?
Just checked the weather forecast and yep -- looks like it's going to be raining. It always does when I go home in the summer. Let's pray for a magical sunny day on Saturday August 7 - just for my gorgeous nephew and beautiful bride-to-be ...
Back to packing ... and then off to work downtown for what promises to be an insane pre-vacation crazy morning. 
I'll be back in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment