Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Happy Discovery - Chocolove!


I don't deny it. I'm a choco-holic. Always have been, always will. I used to love Cadbury (still stunned at Cadbury's selling out to Kraft - life will never be the same) - in fact, the very first writing competition I entered was for Bournville. I was about eight years old and won a beautifully painted tin filled with delicious dark chocolate biscuits. Now, as I'm older, I've become a complete chocolate snob. I prefer dark chocolate and have a stash in a drawer that I keep topped up. It's a comforting sight to peer in there and see chocolate bars stacked according to their cocoa content. And so I made a happy discovery this morning as I was portioning out my daily allowance (yes, I really am this pathetic). Inside the wrapper of my new favorite - the Belgian "Chocolove" Raspberries 55% is a love poem. Hence - the name of the brand. Sigh. Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake. Today's poem called, "I love thee," was written by Eliza Acton (born 1799-1859 and who also wrote one of the first cookbooks aimed at the domestic reader. "I love thee, as I love the calm Of sweet, star-lighted hours." What a lovely way to start my day—though I am quite positive she was not talking about her passion for chocolate ...

No comments:

Post a Comment