Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mr. Tig and Dr. Fox


Like many writers, I have a cat. Not just any old cat, but a very special cat called Mr. Tig. And like all cats, Mr. Tig has a terror of visiting the vet. I'm sure other cat lovers know how wretched I feel thrusting my kitty into a cat basket and bearing him off for hours of tortuous and humiliating examinations. Mr. Tig (nicknamed Mr. Pig because of his obsession for food) recently started losing weight. Not a good sign for a cat of 14. 
To my joy, my husband recently found a mobile vet service. This morning, Dr. Fox visited us at our home and brought with him, gentleness, kindness and a genuine love of animals. Mr. Tig adored him! Of course, it might have had something to do with the high-grade cat-nip Dr. Fox gave him which made him instantly popular. It was such a relief to hear Mr. Tig purr instead of lash out. Yes, he still had blood drawn, shots given but in his normal environment, lying on the rug in front of an open window basking in the morning sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment