Friday, December 3, 2010

A Naked British Farmer for the Holidays? Any takers?


I know I'm not alone in feeling completely overwhelmed at this time of year. I'm also not alone in struggling to think up suitable ideas for gifts to buy family and friends. My own family love exchanging tons of presents. The process of unwrapping lasts about two or three hours as we focus on each lucky recipient one-at-a-time. Our ritual includes watching the Queen's speech at 3.00 p.m, drinking mum's homemade Sloe gin and eating far too many chocolates. 

My husband's family is the exact opposite. With them, we play "Secret Santa. " Names are tossed into a hat and the buyer remains anonymous. We all have the same budget and each person only has to focus on one family member. Honestly, I really like it! Zero stress with the emphasis on quality -  not quantity. But ... rough on kids! I still remember with huge excitement, those giant piles of presents under the tree. Then, it definitely was all about quantity!

Having said all that, I have a few Farming Calendars left for 2011 - both male and female - which will make terrific stocking stuffers. The Farming Calendars feature in the Vicky Hill mysteries and have become extremely popular. What's even more exciting is that the creator, Nicola de Pulford, lives just two miles from my mother's house so I'm fortunate to bump into a farmer (dressed, I may add), now and again.

Take a peek at the website and if you're interested, send me an email at hannahdennison@daviselen.com with "Farmers" in the subject line or send me a message via my Facebook page. Cost is $15 including shipping. If you would rather pay with British pounds or buy in the UK, go directly to the Farmer Calendar website - http://www.thefarmerscalendar.co.uk. Proceeds for 2011 go to Saint Catherine's School, Ventnor, Isle of Wight.

No comments:

Post a Comment