Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Squeaky Kittens and the Gipping Guessing Game!

It’s always exciting to have a new book out. Although public appearances make me nervous, I love meeting new people and making new friends. One question that seems to surface all the time is how I come up with my quirky backdrops—hedge jumping, snail racing, farmers “in the buff”, Morris Dancers etc. Honestly, everything is true. I swear. I eavesdrop a lot and scour rural newspapers. Actually, even our British national newspapers carry some great stories.

My current favorite involves a certain Garden Party where HRH the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were entertained by a rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow played brilliantly on a Xylophone of squeaky kittens. If you don’t believe me – here it is … http://tinyurl.com/2fgkmfk

And speaking of unusual entertainment, it’s not too late to enter the monthly Gipping Guessing Game. How many pairs of underpants is the man on the top right wearing?

The winner will be announced on February 1. The prize (not underpants) is an English linen tea cloth and a copy of my new book in the Vicky Hill Mysteries, Thieves!

Breaking news re: possible new feline friend for Mr. Tig. It’s looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment